Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bagel from Wisconsin


I have been looking for bagels in Malaysia for 16 years, ever since I come home after my graduation from UW-Madison in US.  I missed the crisp outside and chewy inside of a toasted bagel.  Suddenly yesterday, I found them in the frozen section of Cold Storage.  For 16 years, I have always been eyeing the bakery sections and it had never occured to me that I should look at the frozen section.  Yesterday I did.  The voice inside me said, "Hey. why don't  you check out the frozen section..you may never know.." I obeyed, and voila!  Bagels...!! And believe it or not, these bagels come from University Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin.  Wow!  Maybe it has been waiting for me to find it for 16 years...!  But I have never really shopped in Cold Storage, I mean too high class, right?  Anyway so, it reinforces the notion that when you step out from your comfort zone once in a while, and do something different for a change, you may find things you never have before and see things in a whole new way. And hey, it always pays to listen to the voice inside you.  Hooray to the simple pleasures of life!

1 comment:

  1. hi, i'm looking for the bagels for my girl breakfast. Is this bagels taste good? plain or 7-grain nicer? we really can't find fresh bagels in malaysia?

    ReplyDelete