Tuesday, June 7, 2011

So, What's Our Excuse?


Yup!  You're seeing right.  This nice looking young man has no arms, no legs and yet he is living a wonderful life.  If you search him on youtube, you can see videos of him swimming, driving his own boat and mmm...surfing.  Yes...surfing!!  Nick Vujicic, is a professional motivator and speaker from Australia.  I was astounded when I saw his book on the shelves at Kinokuniya.  The first thought which ran through my mind was, "So, what is MY excuse?!"  I have so much that I want to accomplish and yet so many excuses as to why it can't be done.  I have so much fear as to how things will turn out -- given the profession cross-road that I'm facing in my life right now. Actually I've decided which road to take.  And seeing this guy, and reading his book, just says to me that right here, right now, I am not entitled to any excuses whatsoever.  You just go for it, girl!

Let me share a quote from his backcover:  "I do believe that my life has no limits.  I want you to feel the same way about your life, no matter what your challanges may be.  As we begin our journey together, please take a moment to think about any limitations you've placed on your life or that you've allowed others to place on it.  Now think about what it would be like to be free of those limitations.  What would your life be if anything were possible?" (By, Nick Vujicic, Life Without Limits)

3 comments:

  1. Saya tunjukkan youtube beliau di dalam kelas sebagai motivasi untuk pelajar menghargai kesempurnaan yang mereka miliki untuk berjaya di dalam hidup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a look at "What's Your Excuse" by John P. Foppe, a man born without arms. This book never fails to inspire me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely do that.

    ReplyDelete