Friday, November 5, 2010

Kunyah at Suzie's Place by Noryani Ismail

A couple of days ago was "cheat day" for me at Kunyah Cafe, 2nd floor Wangsa Walk Mall, next to TGV Cinema.  I have the pleasure of doing lunch with two old friends - One of whom is owner of the cafe, Suzie.  That's Suzie in the pix below. As you can see, Kunyah is very modern, the food comes in western and local varieties.  It's quite a clever play of the word kunyah, which is Malay for chew.  It makes me want to open a cafe next to hers and call it Telan.



The pix above was taken with my loyal Sony Ericsson phone.  Unlike the rest of the world, I haven't migrated to iPhone.  I'm an iBook user, though.  Not yet an iPad user.  Prosumers are those who are one of the first to own the latest gadget in town.  I'm not one of those people.  Consumers are those who step right in when it starts to get popular.  I'm not one of those neither. I'm more of a practical consumer (pracsumer?) - I'd buy when I need it...absolutely need it.  In fact, i "Switch"ed to iBook only 3 years ago because it is very low maintenance.  I do not need to struggle with virus and spyware issues.  I do have to struggle with the fact that some software, applications and computer games are not, how shall I say..."Mac"able.   As for now, my iBook and Sony Ericsson still serves me, and serves me well.


Talking about serving me well, I have to mention how I fully used my "cheat day" at Kunyah.  (note to diet newbies:  cheat day is the one day a week when you give yourself permission to indulge in otherwise sinful meals, and not to mention desserts).  In my case, I had the pleasure of chewing on Kunyah's Mee Bandung AND Pasta.  And for dessert, Suzie recommended her bestselling Mudpie.  It's a chocolate and vanilla icecream pie, laced with peanut butter chocolate and topped with whipcream and almond flakes and colourful sprinkles.  To die for (literally, if you have this everyday).  See the before and after picture below:


  

Don't be fooled by the existence of two spoons.  I ate almost the whole lot on my own -- something I had not done for 5 months.  I went home happy and stuffed, from having chewed, swallowed and digested Suzie's wonderful dishes.  I thank Elmy for paying for the food.  But, I had to pay the next day -- by running 2 lapses around the Bandar Tun Hussein's Park.  Today, I probably jog up a nearby hill.  All this for having chewed some mud. 

ps:  Check out Kunyah Cafe's facebook for more info and menu.  

No comments:

Post a Comment